Yes!  Thanks for that clarification.  I did mean ATTRIBUTE.

Thanks Charlie.

JRI

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Noah
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:42 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Array Types

Hi John,

I had to jump in here, if for no other reason than to let people know I'm still
alive and kicking. :-)

When you said "One thing you CAN'T do is insert a value." I hope you meant
attribute. You can insert (and delete) values and subvalues all day long. If
you are working with an item where a specific attribute position has meaning,
and hopefully a dictionary item that defines it, you would not want to insert
attributes anyway. That would lead to hair-pulling, gnashing of teeth and other
bad things. If you're working on a variable length item such as a list of IDs,
report, etc., a dynamic array is definitely the way to go. Just use whichever
best fits the needs of the situation. Neither is inherently good or bad - it's
all context driven.

Regards,
Charlie Noah

Tiny Bear's Wild Bird Store
"Everything For The Backyard Bird Enthusiast, Except For The Birds"
http://www.TinyBearWildBirdStore.com
Toll Free: 1-855-TinyBear (855-846-9232)