Try and be very specific what it is you are doing and why. For example - why
are you using SQL? Are you doing SQL queries via the TCL prompt or using a
client tool on Windows? What is the query? What do you mean by 'optimize the
performance'...Etc., etc.

UV has two query languages and a single database engine. Meaning, there is
should be no difference in respect to the utilisation of indices.

Clearly, if you have having to do a SQL query that requires unnest or join
operation - then indices may not be significant in improving performance.

Try adding the EXPLAIN keyword to your query give some clue to what (if any)
query optimisation is going on...including of indices.

Being unfamiliar with SQL can also be part of the issue...it's extremely
powerful and can be difficult to master. Hence not for the faint hearted -
especially if the query is complex and/or your table/schema is also complex.
You can perform queries which can have a profound impact on the system
performance, if incorrectly structured.

Indexes aren't the answer to every optimisation issue. There needs to be a
balance between cost versus benefit. It depends on the nature and utilisation
of the file in question.

Therefore: one really needs to optimise one's own SQL skills...not an easy
ask...then optimise your query in order maximise expected query performance. Or
perhaps avoid SQL, if it is not really necessary to utilise it.

Regards,
David