Sorry but I always thought iterpolation means describing a mathematical function like Y=2X for instance by producing a graph from it or describing key parameters in a system of coordinates (x,y) like where it crosses the y- or x-axis, if it rises or falls and in which degree etc. .

On 24/08/2012 04:56, Tony Gravagno wrote:
From: jjuser
Does UniBasic have a way to do variable interpolation (without
writing to
a file, compiling it as a program, and calling it)?

Do you mean something like this?

VAL = 0
CALL @"SUB FOO(X,Y);Y=X+1;RETURN"( 3, VAL )
CRT VAL ; *  4

That would be Awesome! I don't believe any of the MV platforms do that
because I've been looking for it for 15 years. It can be simulated in
various ways, but you did limit the scope of the challenge.

I think you're trying to avoid this?:

CODE = \ CRT DATE()+20\
EXECUTE "PGEN ":CODE CAPTURING OUT
* OUT is 16327
In this case the PGEN program reads from TCL, writes, compiles, runs,
and that output gets captured. But at least the mechanism for
performing that task is abstracted from this client/application code.

Cache' allows you to enter code at TCL and then execute it without
saving/compiling. That can also be simulated in U2. I don't think I've
ever seen anyone else ask for it here - certainly no one willing to
pay for it. ;)

Out of curiosity, what's your application for this? And please correct
the above if I've misunderstood the question.