From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
dean.armbrus...@ferguson.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 16:24
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UD] Determining number of users licensed

Is there a way to programmatically determine the number of licensed users
allowed?

SYSTEM(514) reports the number of non-phantom users currently logged in, which
is essentially the number of licenses in use.  I want to compare that against
the number of users allowed in a monitoring program.  I want to know if we're
close to the limit before we run out.  The number of licenses varies by server.

Colleagues have suggested using grep on udtconfig for NUSERS, but that is not
the same thing.  Since we generally have 100-200 phantom processes, we
sometimes configure to a size larger than the license limit to have room for
those phantom processes.

UniData 7.3.1
HPUX 11.31
Dean Armbruster
Information Technology, System Analyst
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
12500 Jefferson Avenue * Newport News * VA * 23602-4314
T: +1 (757) 989 2839 * F: +1 (757) 989 2801
www.ferguson.com<http://www.wolseley.com/>