From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Daniel McGrath
Sent: Tuesday, 8 January 2013 12:18 p.m.
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] How to check which sproc is called by user

I've heard that a lumpy VOC is not recommended by the MV Doc.
It causes overflows and more disk IO. Not to mention the dreaded disk seek - oh
no!
If all you measured was your proc in the VOC, all would be good (on wood you
should knock).
But with a large proc in the VOC and your other entries in overflow, well then
- now you can see the aforementioned performance blow!

Of course, all that is overstated on most systems now. Disk caching is quite
efficient (and large). In only the most extenuating circumstances would moving
large items outside of the VOC have any non-trivial impact on your running
system.

- Dan