What's the reason for using a variable, @MY_COMO, instead of the actual path ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Haskett <wphask...@advantos.net>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] Universal COMO

In UniData (on Windows) this is pretty simple.  First you create an
environment variable for the como file (e.g. MY_COMO) that points to the
directory under which you've created a _PH_ directory and a D__PH_
dictionary file.  Then you create a VOC item as follows:

_PH_
001 DIR
002 @MY_COMO\_PH_
003 @MY_COMP\D__PH_

...to include in every account's VOC file.  This will now act as a
centralized "como" repository.  I do this with the _HOLD_ directory, as
everyone on our machines share the same spooler file, and each spooler
file name is a unique ".txt" file.  I'm sure it would be even easier on
a "nix" machine.  :-)

Bill