From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wjhonson
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2013 7:07 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Universal COMO

What's the reason for using a variable, @MY_COMO, instead of the actual path ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Haskett <wphask...@advantos.net>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

In UniData (on Windows) this is pretty simple.  First you create an environment
variable for the como file (e.g. MY_COMO) that points to the directory under
which you've created a _PH_ directory and a D__PH_ dictionary file.  Then you
create a VOC item as follows:

_PH_
001 DIR
002 @MY_COMO\_PH_
003 @MY_COMP\D__PH_

...to include in every account's VOC file.  This will now act as a centralized
"como" repository.  I do this with the _HOLD_ directory, as everyone on our
machines share the same spooler file, and each spooler file name is a unique
".txt" file.  I'm sure it would be even easier on a "nix" machine.  :-)

Bill

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email,
do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your
system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or
commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.