From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wols Lists
Sent: 27 April 2013 14:54
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] History of Prime Information

On 27/04/13 05:26, Wjhonson wrote:
> Okay but let's just talk about 1990-1993 How did Computer Vision
> exactly get its hands on Prime Information ?
> This happened *before* the final bankruptcy  of Prime?
> Or did somehow Prime sell or spin off Computer Vision with Prime
Information as well?

iirc they didn't. Computer Vision did a sort of reverse buyout, taking
Prime's CAD business with it. INFORMATION was sold to Vmark, and the
hardware business was sold to ?Pericom?

That might be why Pr1mos has ended up in copyright limbo. There was a "White
Knight" involved in this, so I'm guessing that the breakup and sale was
along the lines of "PI to Vmark, software to Computer Vision, and hardware
and support to this other company". With the result that it wasn't clearly
specified who got the copyrights to Pr1mos and now nobody can do much with
it because they don't know who actually owns it...

> Enquiring minds want to know

Well, I might not be much good at enlightening, but I was around as a
customer when it all happened ...

Cheers,
Wol