I think it is a hard task for anyone to remember all this - gets complicated.
This may help:
http://www.tincat-group.com/mv/familytree.html

"Larry Hiscock" <lar...@wcs-corp.com> wrote in message
> If I recall correctly (and I may not ;-), Ardent was the company behind
> UniData.  Ardent and VMark merged (or Ardent acquired VMark -- I'm not 100%
> clear on the details), and retained the Ardent name.  Ardent was
> subsequently acquired by Informix, which was acquired by IBM, which later
> sold the U2 division to Rocket Software.
>
> Larry Hiscock
> Western Computer Services

the property of GPM Development Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient ,you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

This e-mail was sent to you by GPM Development Ltd.  We are incorporated under
the laws of England and Wales (company no. 2292156 and VAT registration no. 523
5622 63).  Our registered office is 6th Floor, AMP House, Croydon, Surrey CR0
2LX.