From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of jeffrey Butera
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:09 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Large DICT affecting I/O

I'm curious how large of a DICTionary some of you have worked with and, in
particular, how very large DICTs can adversely affect applications.

We have a DICT approaching 1500 data elements (no idescs)  - which is quite
large for us.  But I'm curious if others have DICTs this large or larger and
have no adverse affect on their application performance.

This is Unidata 7.3.4 if it matters.

--
Jeffrey Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Application and Web Services Information Technology