From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Dave Kimmel
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:08 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: UV command failing mystery

On Feb 4, 2004, at 4:38 PM, Vance Dailey wrote:

> Well, it did not take long to get a chance to test trying 'uvsh'. The
> problem reared its ugly head again today and we now know that uvsh
> also does
> not work. The command returns to the shell so quickly that whatever the
> problem is it must occur near the start of the program. If you happen
> know what the uvsh does first it may help me figure out where the
> problem
> may lie. I would have thought that an error of this sort would have
> been
> recorded in a log file but I have not stumbled across one yet.

Does your system have a command to trace system calls?  You can use
this to see what UniVerse is doing (at a very low level) - it may help
you find the cause of this problem.

As for finding the command, the various unix flavors all seem to call
it something slightly different, but the Rosetta Stone may be able to
help you:  http://bhami.com/rosetta.html  Look under the "tracing
utility" item.

-- Dave Kimmel