> I would question how real time the OLAP & BI tools are never mind the
> database.

Yes, the "real-time" requirement is ambiguous.  It will be addressed as we flesh out
the tactical analysis requirements for the BI tools.

> I would suspect they are looking for a dashboard solution
> rather than an OLAP tool.

BI, OLAP, and reporting is required by the project (among some other things).  BI will
be used for tactical analysis using "real-time" data.  OLAP will be used for strategic
analysis using "point-in-time" data.  And, reporting is essentially for generating
external reports for customers.

> I have been putting a white paper together to try an identify
> that PICK
> is the platform of choice for this time of environment.

I'm not going to touch that one... though I understand your point ~8^)

Thanks for your response!

Tom Firl