Dynamic files are simply two files - DATA.30 and OVER.30 - at the Unix Level, each subject to the 2Gb limit if you don't have 64-bit addressing enabled. It sounds to me like what you have are distributed files. You can have a distributed file made up of dynamic file partitiions.

> From: Dan Fitzgerald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > will then make the limit a historical curiosity. Or you can > use dynamic > files (although at the most - with a lot of luck - this gives > you 4Gb),

What makes you say this?  We have some dynamic files that are well
over 10-15 gig.  They have multiple dat files that are all well
under the 2 gig limit.

 - jmh