So what exactly is the particular data item that is causing the grief?

At 02:50 PM 02/18/2004, you wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Glenn Herbert
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: UV write fatal error

Ok.  So there WAS a bscan done on the T25 file prior to attempting the
write.  Since this is done from within BASIC, my guess is that the
active scan is causing some type of error.  Try this;  after the scan
has verified that the data item does NOT exist, close and reopen the
data file, THEN attempt your write (yes I know that this may invalidate
the notion that the record does not exist).  This would test to see if
the active scan of the
T25 file is interfering with the low level write, as the close of the
data file would  automatically terminate the scan (there is no other way
from
within BASIC).   I wrote the code for bscan back in 1992 so I don't
recall
all different interactions involved, but it could be a long-standing bug
that never appeared or not reported.  In any case, if you could try
that, I'd be interested in the results.

Trim