From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Adrian Merrall
Sent: 23 February 2004 23:31
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: Wintegrate xterm or Linux emulation

> Doesn't an xterm by default emulate vt?
Not sure.  I will compare the infocmp output on the two and see.

> And what are you trying to do? I don't understand the question ...
For various historical reasons, we are currently using a hacked version
of the wyse60 emulation.  This works OK with our U2 app but fails on any
other app that properly uses terminfo.  We could hack the terminfo as
well but of course the correct thing to do is get our use of eumlations
right.

As we are moving to Linux at the moment I thought I would take the
opportunity to look at this and xterm and linux are common terminal
types (Putty emulates an xterm).  What I would like is to have
wintegrate correctly emulate either xterm or linux type terminals.  The
way to do this would seem to create my own wit file but I was wondering
if someone had already been down this road and would mind sharing.

Thanks,

Adrian

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.