This could be happening because a record that esearch is reading exceeds the maximum record size that can be read in unidata. I get a similiar error when AE tries to edit a record that exceeds it allocated size. This parameter can be increased if needed.

Rich Sammartino

<snip>
I remembered this thread and I thought I could use it someday. I created a VOC entry as described but I received the following error:

:ESEARCH MFD
STRING : 94067-004
STRING :
Error when creating a shared memory segment (size=76288000), errno=22
U_shmalloc() failed

Press Return to continue.

Unidata 6.0.4 HP9000 RP5470 HP-UX 11i (11.11)

Richard Sammartino
Systems Analyst
Information Technology
School District of Philadelphia