>Richard Sammartino wrote:

>This could be happening because a record that esearch is
>reading exceeds
>the maximum record size that can be read in unidata.  I get a similiar
>error when AE tries to edit a record that exceeds it allocated
>size.  This parameter can be increased if needed.

Yes, but you don't want to for this issue.  Because the ESEARCH is being run
against MFD and MFD is old Prime terminology for 'Master File Directory' -
usually the top level account directory - this ESEARCH is going to try and
pick up everything it finds in the directory and read it as a single record.
It looks like there is a 76MB file in the directory and that is too big for
UniData's current configuration to read as a single record.

Use "grep" and possible "strings" to search for things at the OS level, not
ESEARCH.

><snip>
>>:ESEARCH
>>MFD
>>     STRING :
>> 94067-004
>>     STRING
>> :
>>Error when creating a shared memory segment (size=76288000),
>>errno=22 U_shmalloc() failed

Cheers,

Ken