Nick,

Depends on how you far you need to scale, and if you are looking to support
large numbers of users.

UniObjects is NOT thread safe, but you can roll your own connection pooling
- ie. write your logic into a DLL that maintains a series of connections
with some form of semaphoring, and call that from your ASP pages rather than
calling UniObjects directly.

There's something to be said for keeping your logic in a DLL anyway as ASP
coding tends to fragment quite highly, and complex pages can be more of a
pain to maintain than a complex DLL!

Otherwise, your best bet is to use RedBack, which is designed explicitly to
support the ASP model, and provides connection pooling and thread safety
with a pretty decent level of performance and high scalability.

We have put together a number of applications running across RedBack
supporting large numbers of users for a local government, including call
centres, billing and other fairly intensive applications and performance has
not been an issue.

Regards,

Brian Leach

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk