http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/pubs/library/100univ/8746.pdf
Chapter 19 is a good place to start.

The standard tcp/ip "telnet" port is port 23. There is no reason why you
can't elect to have UV use another tcp/ip "port number", such as 2051 for
example. This way, you are "freeing up" the a-typical standard telnet port,
and any conflicts it may have with anything else vying for the port/service.
Of course, you need to ensure that nothing else in your networked
environment is using, or expecting to use such ports.

>From a MS DOS Command prompt window, for example, you could say the
following:
"telnet 192.168.1.100 2051", which specifies connect to host 192.168.1.100
on port 2050.
Of course, the 192.168.1.100 host would have to be listening, (i.e.
configured), for incoming telent requests for the UV host on that port
number.

Why have I selected 2050, or 2051? Those happen to be ports out of the main
stream way, and I have used those in the past on mvBase platforms, for
AccuTerm connections and telnet connections from MS DOS Command prompts.
Your actual port selection may vary.

It may take a little experimenting in your environment to get it setup, but
should be fairly easy.

HTH!