From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Barry Brevik
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 9:34 PM
To: U2 list (E-mail)
Subject: [UV] Ever wondered how something works...

One day, I stumbled across an interesting behavior; at TCL, if I type 'L',
it results in my current SELECT list being cleared. You get an error
message, but it does not seem to hurt anything. This is great, because I
hate typing in CLEARSELECT.

But ever since, I've been wondering what it's really doing. Turns out that
'L' is one of only two similar VOC entries, the other being 'LD'. It looks
like this:

0001: V
0002: L
0003: PR

The error message you get reads:

  Unable to create new process.  Will try again.
  Create Process failed (2).

This is on NT. IIRC, on unix the message is different. Anybody know what
this is doing, or if it is safe?

Notice of Confidentiality:  The information included and/or attached in this
electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged
information and is intended for the addressee.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the
contents of the information is prohibited.  If you believe that you have
received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.