Tried that before and it still sorted left (on UniData).  That's why I asked.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Randy Gill
Sent: Thu 3/11/2004 3:27 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: EVAL

Yes, I use this feature often in UniVerse (running in PI/OPEN flavor).

Suppose I wanted to list the customers with the longest names, I would
use:

LIST CUSTOMER NAME BY.DSND EVAL "LEN(NAME)" FMT "2R"

Since the default is left justification, if I omitted the 'FMT "2R"',
all the customers with 9-character names would be sorted before those
with 10+ character names!  The FMT clause causes it to sort as one would
expect.

Hope this helps.

Randy