Dear Ray et al.

Could the network login time out? So that the person may still be logged into UV, but have lost their login to the NT domain?

Steve

At 11:47 AM 3/25/04 -0500, you wrote:
Earlier this week I posted a message about getting an access denied message
when printing to a shared printer in a Universe application.  This is more
of a networking issue, but I thought I'd pick y'all's brains.

I'm running UV10 on an NT4 server.

The printer is a Zebra bar code printer connected via LPT1 on a WindowsXP
Pro machine.

The printer/machine in question is networked to the corporate domain via
3Com wireless bridge.

We are running Domain level authentication.

When a user first logs in to the machine with the printer attached and runs
the UV application the print job works beautifully.

Following a period of inactivity, the app starts returning the access denied
message.

It's almost as if the machine loses it authentication on the domain or the
UV server loses the connection to the user machine.

There's no hibernation or sleep settings set on the client or the server.

I can also connect to the share machine and printer via the network but
still get the access denied message.

Anyone have any clues as to why access is being stripped after inactivity?

TIA,
Ray