> But doesn't .NET take up like a gazillion bytes of space?
> And doesn't "integration" require an object?

I can't speak of the Pick Data Provider for .NET, however, the .NET
framework itself doesn't take up a 'gazillion' bytes.  The framework (free
download) is between 21 & 24MB (depending on the framework version) as a
single install file.  Assume that once it loads onto the system it will take
a bit more space but you are probably still less than 50-75MB.  Keep in mind
that the framework will be built into all new MS operating systems (starting
with Windows 2003).

I don't really know what you are after with the "integration" requiring an
object.  Can you be more specific?

Regards,

Jim