>Ken Wallis wrote:

>InterCall definitely is available for UD.  In my earlier post I think I
>erroneously called it UniCall.

>I do not believe that InterCall is the underlying interface for UO or UOJ.
>Those are based on UCI AFAIK.  There is no UNIX client piece for UCI that I
>know of.  Last time I looked, InterCall did not seem to plug into UCI at
>all.

Ken,

Well, we've been using UCI on Solaris and HP-UX for a number of years, so it
is definitively available.

InterCall is the UV version of the old INFORMATION Calling Interface (ICI)
transmuted/ported over to UNIX and Windoze. It has direct equivalents to
BASIC functions and statements. UCI does not.

UCI being ODBC compliant API, I doubt it has any relationship to UO or UOJ.
But it is definitive the first cousin to UV/ODBC and UniOLEDB. ;-)

Regards,
David