Hona, David S wrote:

>Yes, I can confirm - we have two "live" client 'C'
>applications on Solaris
>and HP-UX servers - utilising the IBM UniCall Interface (UCI)
>library, to
>interface to another Solaris host server (where the UV DBMS resides).
>
>The interface works quite well, albeit with a couple quirks. :-)

Excellent David.  Thanks.

When they pulled ObjectCall, the only alternative offered for connection
from a UNIX client was InterCall which was, at the time, far less robust.

Having looked at the Client APIs supplement, it does indeed look like UO and
UOJ use InterCall instead of UCI.  Hopefully then, they'll have made the
whole shebang more solid and reliable.

Cheers,

Ken