Kevin (u2ug Board Member) posted this on the u2ug web site:

"When I do read u2-users it is though gmane.org
(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.u2.general/), so I know that there are
a number of different ways to skin each cat. The reason I use Gmane is that
I don't have time each day to wade through th daily postings, Gmane allows
me to see the history or a thread (as well as view each topic in a thread)
and allows me to choose when I read the list. I also subscribe to the
digest, but due to the in-ability of some listers to trim I find it tough to
use. Those are the reasons that I am fan of forums, but I support the board
and will do what I am told! :) I'll take a look at the m2f stuff and see if
it will work. I do see on their forums that there are people who have made
it work with pnPHPbb (which is what we use) but it is clear that we are
talking about beta software at best. If it does seem that the stuff will
work it would still require a re-think of the current list, and so I
wouldn't be able to offer it for u2-users until the board was convinced that
it would work best for the majority, or that it wouldn't somehow weaken the
current list. "

The gmane.org link above I can certainly recommend having just had a look!
no more wading through the digest for me anymore and I can check it any time
of the day when I want to.

A couple of other posts recommend I look at the feasibility of the m2f
stuff, however obviously it is really up to the u2ug Board who will be
taking over the list, what technology they want to use etc. I would
certainly be willing to help out in any way if they want to follow this up.

James
Sungard