This is a good conversation and one we ought to be able to make progress
with over time.

When the U2UG board agreed to take on the u2-users list from Clif, we
figured that we would serve the community best if we don't vary too many
factors at one time.  We would prefer that the move from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] at the end of this month be painless enough
that we don't lose community members.

Once u2-users is happily living in its new home and the www.u2ug.org site is
a place you want to go to regularly, we can look at various requirements and
see if there is a solution that meets all or at least more requirements than
the current one.

I, for one, am one of the "old" fuddy-duddies who does fine with e-mail
lists, is OK with usenet when necessary, and can't seem to get a pattern
that works for me with forums.  I don't know if it is a personality type
that prefers one over the other or if there are some work habit changes that
just aren't obvious enough to me, but I haven't found a way to change from
e-mail lists to forums as yet.

As others have mentioned, if there were a way for each user to use whatever
interface were desired for seeing threads, sending and receiving postings,
etc so that each could use their preferred approach, that would be ideal --
something to strive for ...

--dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.