Hi all,

After a successful first DistributedML workshop last year, with amazing speakers, panel and papers (see https://distributedml.org/archive/2020/program/) we are organizing an even greater second edition.

The workshop CFP is on the 17th of September, is co-located with Conext 2021 and has proceedings.

We welcome papers in the intersection of ML, Distributed Systems and Networks, I share the CFP below. For more details visit https://distributedml.org/

See you there!

## CFP

Be it in a distributed environment, such as a data center, or a highly heterogeneous embedded deployment in the wild, distributed ML poses various challenges from a systems, interconnection and ML theoretical perspective. In this workshop, we want to focus on the network-side of such distributed setups, the unique challenges it presents and novel solutions for optimising distributed learning tasks. More specifically, we welcome papers in the following areas:

  • Distributed inference and offloading
  • DNN computation sharing in local networks
  • Distributed and collaborative Learning
  • Federated Learning
  • Distributed and asynchronous training algorithms
  • Channel optimisations for distributed ML
  • DNN based compression schemes
  • Fairness and biases in federated learning
  • Secure and privacy-preserving distributed learning
  • Interpretability in distributed learning
  • Novel ML applications in IoT, MEC or NFV
  • Measurements and experience from large-scale distributed ML systems

We hope that DistributedML will serve as a forum for researchers across different disciplines to bring forward and discuss challenging topics, share new ideas and exchange experience in the deployment of such systems, both from a theoretical and experimental perspective.

The workshop is co-located with CoNEXT will be virtually held in the beautiful Bavarian city of Munich. All accepted paper will also be included in the conference proceedings and be made available in the ACM Digital Library.

The workshop will take place on the 7th of December 2021.

Deadline for paper submissions: 17th September 2021