On Feb 5, 10:40 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm just starting looking at Ubiquity and I thought I'd write a simple
> search shortcut as my first command. The results are available 
> athttp://dave.org.uk/ubiquity/lovefilm.html.
>
> But there's a problem with the command which becomes obvious when you
> search for a string containing a space. If you search, for example,
> for Woody Allen then the query text gets "double-url-encoded" and ends
> up as "woody%2520allen" - which is "woody%20allen" with the % url-
> encoded again for some reason.
>
> Is this something that Utils.openUrlInBrowser is doing for me? Or is
> it a problem with the LoveFilm web site?

An update. It seems it's a problem with the LoveFilm web site. Tracing
the HTTP interaction, I see the following:

* A request to 
http://lovefilm.com/search/overview.html?search_keywords=woody%20allen

* A 301 response from LoveFilm redirecting to
http://www.lovefilm.com/search/overview.html?search_keywords=woody%2520allen

* A request to 
http://www.lovefilm.com/search/overview.html?search_keywords=woody%2520allen
(which returns no results for obvious reasons).

You can get exactly the same behaviour by just trying to visit
http://lovefilm.com/search/overview.html?search_keywords=woody%20allen
in a browser.

So the problem has nothing to do with Ubiquity. Sorry for disturbing
you.

Cheers,

Dave...

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ubiquity-firefox" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to