As they say Murphy was an optimist !....

Murphy's law states that for every N+ redundancy you build, you can expect N+1
set of failures.

Putting a UPS is a great idea, however, we have also experienced outages due to
UPS Failure (not un-common that UPS's fail in the OFF position, but it still
happens....)....
If it is a critical site, it is best to try to setup dual sources of power..
one on battery and one on main(s).. using a Dual / Redundant Power Strip
(Switch)... would also make it easier to replace the UPS without bringing stuff
down..

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom