And, AFAICT, they are using 32bit counters so they rollover at about 4Gbyts...

--
On 1/6/2015 2:13 AM, RickG wrote:
Clay, That's interesting too. I'd love to get Ubiquiti's input on this!

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Clay Stewart <cstew...@stewartcomputerservices.com <mailto:cstew...@stewartcomputerservices.com>> wrote:

    Rick, I think the counts are according to where in the stream the
    data is being calculated, which seems to me to be at the bridging
    module code. Any  RX data is counted twice, once at the port it
    comes in (LAN or WLAN) and then again transferring the bridge. So
    adding the RX of both ports equals the bridge total RX. Hat is the
    easy part.

    Now my best guess on the harder numbers.

    First the bridge TX count.... The program only counts
    Broadcast traffic, thus only 8.44m out of bridge. Could be that
    chip does not have storage bits to access?

    Next, the, I think the answer lies in AirMax perhaps. Wherever
    compression/decompression is performed. For TX out of WLAN, you
    would expect data from LAN to be compressed to send Wirelessly to
    another UBNT AirMax unit... And it is. But in TX to LAN just the
    opposite, the data has to be decompressed from UBNT proprietary
    formula into data that any non UBNT unit can use... Thus data
    leaving out a LAN is bigger.... And it is.

    Just an old programmers guess 🐸