Agreed, we have one coming up where we will have separate poles for each
drop area with a dedicated backhaul dish. Noise in events in 2.4Ghz goes
through the roof as vendors and visitors turn on their WIFI Ipads and
Phones. If there is music, then the bands use WIFI for their purposes. If
their is temporary cell services installed, the carriers may deploy WIFI
hot spots on steroids.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Matt Hopkins <mhopk...@onlinenw.com> wrote:

> I would not use the wireless uplink for this scenario. While it does work
> pretty reliably, I would only use it in a very low usage environment. Each
> downlink AP about halves performance. Even without knowing how many users
> and how large an area are you talking about, I would definitely go the
> separate backhaul route.
>

> On July 29, 2016 1:07:26 PM PDT, Steve Barnes <st...@pcswin.com> wrote:
>
>> Those of you who use Unifi.  I am about to do an outdoor event for 1
>> week.  Going to use Unifi to provide Wi-Fi.
>>
>> Question: How much bandwidth do you lose per AP if you use the Wireless
>> link ability of the AUP-Outdoor+ Aps (2.4 Only).
>>

>> I will have 1GB fiber to the location.  3 Buildings and a large outside
>> area to cover so I have 4 outdoor Aps.  Should I setup a 5.8 Omni 40Mhz
>> wide with a Nanobeam 19 at each AP and building to feed each APs or will
>> the wireless link of the Unifi suffice?  Going to give 5MB per connection
>> and don’t want to kill the main Unifi AP.
>>

>> TThoughts
>>

>> *Steve Barnes*
>>
>> Wireless Operations Manager
>>
>> *PCSWIN.COM <http://PCSWIN.COM>*