On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:37:38PM EST, Jonathan Duddington wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>    Luke Yelavich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I got the same behavior on Ubuntu Edgy powerpc.
>
> > > What happens if you run  espeakedit --compile  or  espeakedit
> > > --help ? Is there an error message?
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/espeak-data$ ../espeakedit-1.18/src/espeakedit --help
> > Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
>
> OK.  I need to make a command line program with the compile phoneme
> routines, but which does not use wxWidgets.
>
> Do I have a deadline?

If Al can get the data compiled and sent to me, that should be good
enough for now, as I don't see the chances of espeak being used on ia64
and sparc being very high, but for the future, we need a more perminant
solution that will allow all architectures to have the correct byte
ordering.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE