Hi All

Ever since upgrading to Gutsy I haven't been able to launch the Orca
preferences using <Orca Key Insert> + Space Bar.  When I do this I get the
message "Orca Preferences launching - this may take some time" and the
speech disappears, although the screen magnification remains running.

I have tried launching this from initial login, with focus on the menus and
when in a terminal but to no avail.

During the upgrade process, I also lost all my setings for Orca which is why
I want to get at the preferences dialogue box.

I have just tried it again with no success and when quitting the Gnome
desktop using Ctrol + Shift + Backspace, it now sends me into restart and
not back to the login.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get things working again?  If not,
I'll wipe the installation and start afresh.

To an aside., I think the problems arose because during the upgrade a
dialogue appeared that asked if I wanted to remove old docs and folders, or
some such, and I replied yes to this; I'm fairly sure that when upgrading to
Fiesty from Edgey I said no at this point last time ....

Cheers

Ian