Dear core developers of accessibility support in Ubuntu Jaunty.

I would like to ask You, how to use Orca after completing The installation of
this distro to A hard drive. I used installation program, which i activated
from A live CD.

Unfortunately, after installation program reboot my computer, when i hear The
login audio prompt, i typed my user name, password. The Ubuntu welcome sound
has been plaied.

But i have probably made a mistake. I pressed ALT+F2 and i executed The Orca
command.

Orca has been started, but Espeak started to speak abnormally fast, and Orca is
not usable. This is also happening, if I booted a live CD and if i did not
activated The accessibility feature by pressing F5 and 3 number at The ubuntu
boot screen. The core developers of installation routines probably has forgot
to enable support of Orca. This is working fine, when activating accessibility
feature at The boot screen. But not after finishing installation of Ubuntu
Jaunty. I performed The installation when booting from A live Cd with
accessibility features enabled.

Please, does somebody know, how to solve this issue?

ANd i would like to openheardly congratulate Your development team, because
Ubuntu is now really usable and stable with Orca and Espeak. This distro,
Ubuntu Jaunty is very probably The solution for visually impaired users. You
had to probably rewrite some portion of Espeak, may be, that You modified
portaudio.h and audio server, which is now being used by Gnomespeech and
Espeak, may be, that Alsa, Pulse audio?

If it is Pulseaudio, i would like to apologize Mr LUke Yelavich, that i
constantly pleased him to not use this audio server.

You are making ammazing work. I think, that The system is so stable with Espeak
because of complex changes, also Gnome developers rewritten GNomespeech and
many Gnome components, core developers of Ubuntu may be also changed some parts
of Gnome, source codes of audio server, which is being used, may be that also
parts of Espeak source code,  portaudio.h.

I executed The installer from A desktop icon.

Or had i execute this installation routine from a boot screen, by first
enabling accessibility support, and then to choose The install item?

I AM helpless. I think, that i will be forced to reinstall Ubuntu again.

The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel