Hi All,

I have just installed Ubuntu 9.4 on my PC. I went through the process of
uninstalling Pulse audio because when I first loaded up Orca I couldn't tell
what he was saying as speech was so fast it was impossible. After I removed
Pulse audio the speed became normal during the Orca setting up phase. I went
through setting up keyboard, speech settings etc and then logged out. When I
logged back in again, Orca came up and requested that I input my preferred
settings once again. I did this and repeated the log out and log back in
part but still Orca came back requesting me to once more input my preferred
settings. How if any can I just get Orca up and running without this
difficulty.

Many thanks for any help given.

Sincerely,

Paul.