Hi Nolan,

Karmic accessibility seems to be working ok, with some other hickups.

WARNING, if you dont have volume buttons on your keyboard/laptop
then its probably not worth your time.
The issue seems to be that pulse audio volume is set to 0
when it starts, and if you dont have keys for changing the volume,
or a sighted person to change it for you then you wont be able to hear orca.

The very annoying problem of speech-dispatcher crashing
out every few minutes has not gone, and it gets very irritating after a
short while to switch to a terminal and have to kill speech-dispatcher.
One good thing is that if you have a braille display this will still continue
to work while speech-dispatcher is crashed. i.e. orca didnt crash,
speech-dispatcher did.

Sometimes its the espeak crashing because speech-dispatcher switches to
dummy output, but most frequently the speech simply stops.

Another strange thing is that key echo is delayed (just by a a fraction of a
second), but that also becomes annoying because one finishes typing out the
whole word before the speech catches up.
Having word echo on and key echo off removes this annoyance.
Changing orca punctuation level to none, and making sure that the
"break speech into chunks between pauses" checkbox is unchecked, gives
better speech.

Personal recommendation is to try karmic on a machine that you dont do much
work on, for work you probably want something more stable.

This refers to karmic kola 64 bit, as downloaded yesterday (same results
about a week back)

Best

-Jon