Bill
You're running into what is going to become a huge issue before it gets
better, and that is Webkit's inaccessibility. It's a huge problem and
most likely going to get a lot worse before we actually have any
accessibility to the Webkit engine. It's a GNOME issue not so much an
Ubuntu issue, GNOME went webkit without giving a care as to what
happened to accessibility to HTML-based widgets when they did that.