I suggested moving this discussion off list as I've found in the past that
general accessibility issues on a distribution specific list are not always
welcomed. If the general feeling of list participants is that this sort of
discussion is on topic, interesting and useful, I have no problems keeping it
on the list.

Having said that, I also think it would be valuable if we try to also consider
and discuss, what, if anything, we can do to improve the situation on Ubuntu
in particular and linux in general. While I do feel slightly out of my depth
with respect to VR related issues, I am still interested in the topic.

I do think we need to have some focus on what we can do to improve the
situation, even if that improvement is only to increase awareness and
understanding of the issues. What I'd like to avoid is ending up in a circular
discussion of the issues which ends up being only a philosophical debate
that simply re-hashes the same old accessibility issues we are all too
familiar with. It would be good if we could arrive, after discussion and
debate, at a point where some strategy could be defined to actually move
things forward. Is this possible or do we still need to understand the issue
more? Are we in a position to even look at this yet or do we still need to
work at understanding the issue and what may be possible. Do we run a risk of
over thinking things and what we really need to do is just push full speed
ahead and damn the torpedoes or do we need to gather more resources and people
before we can do anything?

So many questions, so little time!

Tim

--
Tim Cross
tcr...@rapttech.com.au

There are two types of people in IT - those who do not manage what they
understand and those who do not understand what they manage.