Hi Tara,

Yes I know about how Macs automatically start speech if you don't interact with the system. Basically they assume you can't see the screen if you don't do anything after a set period.

It would be great if Ubuntu could be like this or we could at least have a system where speech could be enabled at any time with a simple easy to remember keypress.

I still don't fully understand how we're (as in blind people) currently supposed to get the Ubuntu CD up and talking.

I do have it installed (I'm using it right now) but I would like to try and get the developers to make it easier for blind people in future versions to get up and running so I need to understand how it works at the moment.

Any help appreciated!

Paul