On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:57:34PM EST, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Curious if there are any plans to make the accessible installation of the
> next release of Ubuntu more accessible?

Ubiquity is undergoing a UI redesign, so hopefully things will be better than
in the past. I still need to try and get speech working in ubiquity mode
properly.

> My thought is that instead of he rather precise timing required now to access
> the accessibility options that a keystroke could be used on the first page of
> the installer (once the Live CD loads) to activate the options.  Perhaps
> there is a technical limitation that would prevent this of which I am unaware.

There is indeed a technical limitation, and it has to do with the way the
infrastructure is brought up, and the specific order in which this has to be
done. Once the installer is running, you can't bring up the accessibility
infrastructure without completely reloading the installer.

Luke