On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 07:57:48AM EST, Dave Hunt wrote:
>   Does anyone have experience running the new Unity interface and the
> version of Orca that ships as part of 10.10?

I tried using orca with unity a week or so back, and I can tell you that it
doesn't work, for the vast majority of the unity shell. Such pieces as
indicator menus for sound/session, and network manager are accessible, however
you can only get to them with the mouse. If you were to open nautilus, you can
navigate files/do whatever you can do normally within that nautilus window.
Shortcut keys for opening the terminal still exist, and the terminal is
accessible, but thats it.

Unity uses the clutter toolkit, which is getting accessibility support
upstream, but the version in maverick has no accessibility support. I am not
sure what the plans are for Natty.

Luke