On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Hammer Attila <hamm...@pickup.hu> wrote:
> Hy,
>
> Luke, perhaps Ubiquity Orca script spokening miss informations with Ubiquity
> installer (11.04), I don't no future possible resolvable the following type
> problems perhaps Ocelot if Natty Ubiquity installer or script impossible
> resolving some problems.

Hi, I'm going to answer since I decided last week that Ubiquity's
accessibility will be one of my focuses for Oneiric Ocelot.

> 1. Lot of dialogs Orca spokening "live_installer" dialog titles, and for
> example some edit boxes, Orca spokening the hungarian edit box label (for
> example the computer host setting) and spokening an english label (host:).
> I don't remember all miss spokened dialog widgets, but lot of time happening
> this problem. This type problem is Orca ubiquity script related problem, or
> a mistake design with Ubiquity main dialogs?

The problematic code for this has been pointed out to me.  It's a loop
that sets the accessible name equal to the variable name, which is
TERRIBLE for humans (as you've noticed) but GREAT for writing
automated test scripts, which I'm pretty sure is the only reason there
is an accessible name set at all.  I'm planning on submitting lots of
patches on fixing this, and I'll probably also have to give the
developer a patch for his automated test script to work with the
actually accessible names.

> An another example is the timezone setting dialog, with Orca spokening an
> interesting label text for selected time zone.

And the timezone thing doesn't really work well from a keyboard when
you consider that the dropdown options aren't read.  That'll very
likely take code-changes that I'm not sure how to do yet.

> 2. I don't no why, but now Orca doesn't spokening installation progress bar,
> and doesn't possible looking what percentage are completed with
> installation. The progress bar is removed with Ubiquity gtk frontend dialog?
> I think this is not Orca script specific problem.

I don't think it knows it's there or what to do with it, just like it
doesn't read some of the text on the screen.  This actually probably
does involve the Ubiquity script for Orca.

> What components need reporting this type problems to fix all this type
> problems with future Ocelot?

I think AlanBell reported most of this a few weeks ago, actually.  Or
at least, I'm aware of them, having seen a video he made of how ...
awful... the installer is with Orca, which is why I've started
researching how to fix it.

(Oh, and regarding the other email, when I said "I was able to get it
to read the label," I mean it previously didn't read the label at all,
just the variable name, and so this was at least an improvement)

--
Mackenzie Morgan