I will try to make this concise until I have free time this evening to answer the technical questions but just wanted to say first of all that it is not divisive to admit that as a developer one does not yet understand or "get it" the use case they are working with but rather a first step in developing the team approach with the user. Because we are talking about people who on a basic level interact with their environment in a completely different way, this is essential and so no offense meant. So, both working together united as a team and having the humility to admit that one does not "get it" is essential to getting it and being successful and coding for it. Secondly, my frustration is that there are a ton of road maps and system specifications out there for accessibility in Linux and specific distros. The choices of assistive technology to support and software utilizing those technologies to install and configure is really very narrow and thin. It is sparse enough and Ubuntu and others have done enough to get .deb packages that work well in their implementations, that it is frustrating to see someone say that would take a whole development cycle to reinvent the wheel rather than modifying the wheel to meet your needs. I am jaded by having wasted my time working on projects where we were never allowed to move past the specification stage because some people were too intimidated to and the first sign was always a very long time frame for the specification of the system.