Hi.
I think that ubuntu 11.04 is not the better choice.
First there is the problem related to the CapsLock ke. Yes, it is a bug.
Ubuntu 11.04 uses unity as the default interface and I think that there
are problems regarding accessibility.

In myopinion you should try ubuntu 10.10 or try vinux,
http://vinuxproject.org/.