Hy,

I doed an uptodated Oneiric custom live CD, and installed my system.
Final Oneiric installer I found lot of dialogs with have focusable labels, with perhaps not real connected with the active widgets. With TAB key possible jumping this labels. A typical example is the modify partition dialog if the user using manual partitioning, or giving user account related informations dialog. In Precise possible little redesigning with labels usage for A11y related to prowide fastest screen reader handling the installer without losting visual lookup? Some label widgets with associated a real widget not have mnemonic letter now, this is an another way to fasting installer handling if the user known already the widget keystroke.

I reported this problem with following bugreport, and wrote some examples and suggestions:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/888451

Now used method some time disturb the installer fastest handling with screen reader, because always need jumping this focusable labels before filling required informations. But in installer accessibility support are happened good changes already.

Future I would like working this fix if accepting this help for screen reader using fixes related, but I need some technical help before begin this task: 1. Real time when Ubiquity package is building executing any patch in debian/patches directory with affecting the UI files final presenting? So, the Ubiquity GTK dialogs related ui files is dinamicaly changing when the package building is happening in the repository or local machine? 2. Have an easyest testing method when I would like testing a dialog part in Ubiquity installer to verify my modifications with Orca screen reader usability without I need looking all installation screens and doing real installation? When I doing a modification with proper UI file, I would like testing for example I real associated a label with proper widget, Orca right spokening the wanted information, etc.

Attila