On 13/03/12 21:22, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Hi, I don't have an answer, but can you test something please?
1. Launch terminal.
2. Press the alt key, only the alt key.

What happens?
In my environment orca reads shell filler.
Thanks.

I think this is because it has opened the HUD which is a thing a bit like the dash visually, it is a search box that searches through the menu of the current application. It is not correctly accessible at the moment which is a shame, it consists of a field and 5 suggestions below of what you might mean. For example if you have focus in gedit you can hit alt and type "insert" and the top option in the list of 5 will be "edit > insert date and time". It does some fuzzy matching and guesswork to come up with the suggestions. Last time I tested it read out all 5 suggestions in unity2d as "push button" and was silent in unity3d which is sub-optimal.
this is bug 949445
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-appmenu/+bug/949445

and I am sure that Ted and Gord will be right on to this soon

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at
http://libertus.co.uk