On 11/04/12 02:30, krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 11/04/2012, Christopher Chaltain <chalt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't Orca usually come up talking when you log on? I agree it's good
>> to turn on the log on sound, but I'm not sure how critical it is,
> Orca comes up talking, but then after entering the password how one
> knows if the login process is complete and the desktop has come up?
> with the logon sound, we have a queue which acts like kind of mile stone.
> for example on my machine it is 3 seconds after the sound fades that
> desktop is totally up.

It's been a while since I have booted my Ubuntu 12.04 beta virtual
machine, but in Vinux 3.2.1, I hear Orca come up while  on my log on
screen with those settings and then after I log on, I hear Orca come up
again with my user's settings. Isn't this how it works in Ubuntu 12.04?

I agree the log on sound is important, but this is especially if there's
a problem with Orca and you don't hear Orca starting but you do hear the
log on sound. You then know that you've logged on, but there's a problem
with Orca for some reason.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com