Hi.
Related to your problem running gedit as sudo, try rename the file /etc/sudoers.d/a11y-sudo to /etc/sudoers.d/a11y-sudo.bak.

On 04/18/2012 04:15 AM, Vojtěch Polášek wrote:
        Hi,
Yesterday, I have successfully installed ubuntu 12.04 daily (probably
version from April 17th.
I am very satisfied with the way, in which the accessibility was done, I
haven't encountered any glitches during installation, I used external
harddrive, bootloader has been installed correctly. I am using "ubuntu
2D" session, I suppose this is Unity 2D. It seems fairly accessible to
me, but I need some things to be clarified.
I have encountered only one crash of unity 2D, and installed all
available updates, even tried Skype and was able to read EULA and login
screen without any problems. I have downloaded latest orca master
(3.5.X), compiled and installed using checkinstall.
I have tried firefox without any visible problems, gedit, totem, rhythm box.
I have encountered these problems:
1. Orca has problems with tabs in windows like orca preferences. To
reproduce:
a) open orca preferences
b) move with tab several controls forward
c) using shift+tab move backward, untill you reach general tab.
d) press left or right arrow - you will skip to some control, but the
tab won't change.
e) use tab to cycle through all controls and find general tab again.
f) press arrow and now it works.
Try this on any dialog with tabs.
2. I had some problems when setting up manual IPv4 configuration for my
wireless network. When I typed IP address, i couldn't move to any other
fields, I had to use flat rewiev to get out of it and finish my
configuration.
3. I have a suspicion, that orca doesn't read refreshing text in gnome
terminal - during installation of packages or whatever, but I don't have
reliable way of reproducing it.
4. In Libreoffice, Orca reads always the previous line and then two
times current line. However, when I changed verbosity for soffice to
brief, it stopped. When I changed it back to verbose, it was normal as
well, so for now I can't reproduce it.
5. This is not a bug but just warning - the shortcut for showing desktop
has been changed after full upgrade to ctrl+super+d.
6. Whe I tried to run gedit as root in gnome terminal, it showed - no
display could be found. Whats this?

Now I would like you to help me to clarify some misunderstandings:
1. What are those dash, HUD, menu etc... I am confused.
When I press Super key, i can search applications, files etc. good. Is
there any way of dislpaying applications in categories like in gnome?
When i press alt+F1, i have some menu with applications and there are
mounted file systems shown towards the bottom of it.
When I press alt+F2, it is something like run dialog, ok.
When I press alt, HUD is not speaking.
The menu using alt-f10 is working nicely.
I am quite confused.
2. Should I try latest gnome (3.4) on this system? It is system for pure
testing, so no problem. Is it worth trying?