Correct,
You have to do some configurations for xfce.
And I would rather suggest you include Orca for either gnome shell version 3.8 or xfce.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.
On 08/19/2013 02:57 PM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
Hi,

I'm part of the devel-team for Ubuntu Studio and we received a request to
include Orca and brltty in the next releases to further support visually
impaired users. I have been doing some tests to include Orca but not very
successfully. The aim is to include Orca already during installation.

However, I'm not sure where to address my questions and issues. My first
thought was the Ubuntu Accessibility team but I'm not sure the team is
still active? I've tried the #ubuntu-accessibility channel on IRC.

Since I'm uncertain if the issue is because I'm setting it up wrong, or
it's an issue since Ubuntu Studio use Xfce as default or if it's an issue
with Orca in general in 13.04 and 13.10 I'm not sure where to turn? Any
pointers?

Kind regards
Jimmy

cub on irc.freenode